Monday, July 25, 2011

ATP Gstaad, Round 1

Atlanta tournament is now already forgotten. The three ATP tournaments
this week throw a shadow of history over so recent past. There is not much to be said about the final game. I really thought that Isner had the game in the hand in the first set, and with a 5-1 lead in the second set's tiebreak, I almost thought that my predictions will come true so beautyfuly. Well, the turn of events proved how I can be wrong and
has thrown me back to humility and more study on the games to come.
Since LA games are yet to be played until later tonight, I thought of looking into some games from Gstaad, Round 1. We already have some settled results, the games I will provide picks from will be tomorrow.

Julien Benneteau (#111) takes on Lukas Rosol for the second time this year. In their only meeting, Rosol won in three sets. Recent result reccomend Rosol as the favorite for this game,even after his recent shoulder injury in June. He came back and won the Braunschweig Challenger. His performance on clay is very good this year, 25W/10L, while Benneteau is standing even, 9W/9L.

(Victor Hanescu)

1. Lukas Rosol to win @1.53 (3/5)
2. Guillermo Garcia-Lopez to win @2.10 (2/5)
3. Victor Hanescu to win @2.20 (2/5)

I also think of the following combo:
1. Pablo Andujar to win @1.22
2. Marcel Granollers to win @1.36
Odds: 1.66 (2/5)

No comments:

Post a Comment