Tuesday, July 19, 2011

ATP Atlanta Round 1

The day has come to take on Atlanta. Over the years, Pete Sampras, Boris Becker and John McEnroe claimed the formerly RCA Championships, Indianapolis.
We have some interesting matches in the first round, and with a little bit of inspiration, they will be profitable.

(Tommy Haas, Wimbledon 2009)

An interesting match will be between Tommy Haas (#585) and Robby Ginepri (#369). They've met 5 times back in the day, their last meeting dating September 2006. Haas has won 4 and lost the other in a 5 set game at US Open in 2005. I personally hope that Haas, former world no. 2 will advance in the next stage because he is one of my favourite players, however, I think that his recent back injury at Newport, just a couple of weeks
ago will definitely have an impact on his performance. I fancy him as the better player, however, I think laying Haas would be profitable given the conditions. Here are a few picks I consider for Round 1:

1. Robby Ginepri to win @2.25 (2/5)
2. Grigor Dimitrov to win @1.40 (3/5)
3. Igor Kunitsyn to win @1.53 (3/5)
4. Lleyton Hewitt to win 2-0 @ 1.30 (3/5)

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment